The Trusted Attorney For Victims And Families

Help With Social Security Disability Claims

When you file for disability benefits from the Social Security Administration, the process may be lengthy and discouraging. A lot of people have to wade through the paperwork feeling confused.

The Law Office of Michael B. Cohen now offers consults for people thinking of applying for SSDI or SSI. You will leave feeling more prepared and knowledgeable about the entire process after meeting with him and his Paralegal, Emily Pravata. The Law Office of Michael B. Cohen can also handle the complete filing of the initial application for you after this consult. A small fee will apply for consults and filing for INITIAL applications.

Your application will be reviewed by the Social Security Administration and then a decision will be made. At that time, if denied, you have 60 days to file an appeal. There is no fee to file an appeal, and you will not be billed further unless you win.

To qualify for disability payments, you must prove that you can not do any work for which you are suited due to a medical disability or condition. A large number of initial applications are denied due to insufficient medical proof of a physical or mental condition. However, a denial does not mean you will not be able to get benefits. You do have a limited amount of time to file a Request for a Hearing with an Administrative Law Judge. It is when this hearing takes place that you need the representation of an experienced lawyer aware of the criteria used by the judges to determine your eligibility.

Attorney Michael B. Cohen has the experience and knowledge of Social Security laws and regulations along with the compassion, understanding and empathy for his clients that will make you feel comfortable with his presence and guidance. Our staff will work hard to get you your disability benefits and develop the best possible case on your behalf to present to the Social Security Administration, in an organized and persuasive fashion.

Get the help you need with your claim by calling 814-201-6837 or send an email to our office.